New Delhi, May 6: Daughter of Reliance Industries Limited Chairman Mukesh Ambani and Nita Ambani, Isha Ambani, is all set to tie the knot with Anand Piramal this year. Son of Ajay Piramal and Swati Piramal, Anand Piramal is long time family friend. Isha and Anand have been friends since a long-time and both their families share a strong bond of friendship for over four decades. (ALSO READ: Mukesh Ambani Says Jio Was Seeded by Daughter Isha in 2011)
As per reports, Isha and Anand will get married in December this year. The would-be husband of Isha proposed to her at a temple in Mahabaleshwar after which the close family and friends celebrated.
Here’s all you need to know about Anand Piramal:
- Anand Piramal graduated from the University of Pennsylvania and has an MBA degree from University of Harvard Business School. He is also an executive director of Piramal Group.
- He founded the Piramal Realty, one of the “most admired real estate companies” in the country.
- Before starting the realty business, he launched Piramal Swasthya. It is an initiative in the rural sector that treats around 40,000 patients every day.
- Anand was previously the youngest President of the Indian Merchant Chamber – Youth Wing.
- Anand is the son of businessman Ajay Piramal, head of Piramal Group, a conglomerate worth $5.6 billion.
Meanwhile, Isha’s brother Akash is also expected to marry his fiancee Shloka Mehta later this year. Mukesh Ambani’s elder son Akash Ambani got engaged to Shloka Mehta, the youngest daughter of billionaire diamond trader Russell Mehta in March. The engagement took place at a small ceremony in Goa in the presence of Mukesh Ambani, Neeta Ambani, his mother Kokilaben and other close family members.